Friday, December 4, 2009

1 year later

December 4, 2008 is a day I will never forget. AJ was still in the hospital and we were all hoping and praying that he would recover only to receive that horrible phone call. This morning I got up and thought of AJ. I thought of all the tears and hugs shared last year. I felt so helpless, so numb.

This morning another Raleigh FF was hurt in an off duty accident. I find myself reliving all those terrible emotions that I felt last year.

Stay strong Flip. You have a wife, 2 daughters and a whole family of emergency services personnel thinking of you and praying for you. Fight like you've never fought before. Dig deep and find the strength to return to your family so that they may tell you just how important you are to them.

I don't pray much but here goes:

God please help Flip and his family through this difficult time. Please surround them with your love and grace. Please send him back to his family to fulfill his job as husband and father. He needs you now more than ever.

Everyone please pray hard for Flip and his family. This is such an awful event for any family to experience and I sure hope that this story has a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment